Well friends, I certainly overestimated what I would get done last week. Not only did I assign myself too many tasks, but I also had a stressful work week which meant I didn’t manage much relaxing, restful sleep. And I don’t cope very well on low sleep. Even if I didn’t complete all the things on my goals list, I did finally take the time to do a bit of watercolor painting. I also made banana muffins this week as well as attempted some chocolate covered pretzels which were pretty good right away but turned soggy by the next day.
Even more importantly, I started playing Stardew Valley with Micah which has been such fun! We’re building our virtual farm together and we already have the cutest chickens, ducks, rabbits and we just purchased a couple of cows. I accidentally planted the most massive of gardens and spent way too much time having to water all the plants. But it has been precisely the stress-reliever that I needed this week and I am enjoying every minute of it.
And now, on to the weekly wrap-up: 6/12
- Edit and upload my library haul vlog
- Hmmm. Mostly forgot about this one. But I’m going to try to roll it over into this week and have it scheduled and set by Wednesday.
- Film, edit, and schedule my “2021 goals + habits vlog” to go live on Friday. ✅
- I did accomplish this one! Probably why I didn’t finish my other one. It didn’t go live until Saturday afternoon, but it did get done which is what really matters. If you’re interested you can watch it here.
- Spend 30 minutes each day working on editing photos for my photo album. ☑️
- I kept up with this fairly well the first half of the week. I uploaded all of the pictures from my phone to Lightroom which is the first big step! But I didn’t do much else the rest of the week. But I’m going to keep plugging away at it!
- Start sewing new shirtdress
- I didn’t do any sewing this week. When I am stressed, sewing is one of the first things to be pushed off the to-do plate. Hopefully this week!
- Make another felt animal
- Also didn’t happen.
- Get all photos I want from my phone uploaded to Lightroom ✅
- I did do this one! As mentioned above.
- Finish 1 sleeve of sweater knitting project ✅
- Now, while I didn’t finish the sleeve, I did make a decent amount of progress on it, so I am counting this one as a success. If I can finish up the second half of the first sleeve this week and finish the second sleeve done in the next week and a half or so, I might even finish this sweater before February!
- Write WIP post on above sweater
- Nope. Didn’t do this one either. Still something I want to get done though.
- Fix brother’s sweater ✅
- I fixed it and gave it back to him. This one is done and done!
- Film “favorite books of 2020” vlog
- I’m undecided on this one now. I think I’d have more fun filming a “2021 TBR” vlog, or something similar. I haven’t completely decided yet. It didn’t get filmed last week, but that’s not to say it won’t ever be filmed.
- Make at least 3 instagram posts
- Absolutely not. Instagram posts are another thing that is quick to go when I’m not at 100%. And I’m okay with that.
- Comment on at least 3 instagram posts ☑️
- I think I commented on one, and I’m pretty sure I commented on a patreon post. Which is good enough to count this one complete. I’m working on building the habit of interacting more with other people in the online creative community and I am content with slowly developing that interaction muscle.
I’ll be back in a bit with this week’s goals post. You get two posts in one day because I was much to busy relaxing yesterday and Saturday to get this one written.